Advanced Process Control - optimising processes in industrial process control systems
Increase Company Profit Through Optimising Processes
ACHIEVE PRODUCTION EXCELLENCE WITH INDUSTRY-LEADING APC TECHNOLOGY
Bring together the power of data to operate your plant more efficiently, with advanced control software that helps production, quality and process engineers remedy and avoid events that limit production profitability.
4Sight’s Advanced Process Control has been on the forefront of Multivariable Model Predictive Control (MPC) projects since 2000 and a multitude of benefit-driven projects have been implemented across the world in both the Mining, Metals and Minerals sector as well as the Petrochemical sector. With the Petrochemical sector traditionally being the early adopters of Advanced Process Control, 4Sight used their knowledge and experience gained there to apply APC in the Mining sector, with great success.
AspenTech Advanced Process Control provides a full set of integrated features for developing, deploying, and maintaining advanced control applications.
Advanced Process Control refers to a technology that is implemented within industrial process control systems, to address specific performance or economic improvement opportunities in the process.
Model Predictive Control (MPC) is the key component of an APC system, that enables optimal process operation, resulting in increased productivity. MPC achieves this by predictive control using dynamic process models, which is proven to increase throughput, save energy, and reduce quality giveaway. As the MPC control strategies vary, our experienced APC engineers work closely with experts alongside our customers to ensure successful and seamless implementation.
- Reduced process variability
- Push profitable constraints
- Reduce product quality variability
AspenTech Advanced Process Control enables companies to increase throughput, improve product quality, reduce energy and raw material usage, and increase overall operational efficiency while keeping the process between safe limits of reliable operation. Additional benefits include standardisation of processes and consistent use of best practices, ensuring higher operational stability and reduced maintenance requirements, therefore sustaining long-term value.
SOLUTIONS ADDRESSING INDUSTRY CHALLENGES
- Adapt and Optimise Simultaneously - Improve ROI with rapid controller deployment, continuous model improvement and simplified work flows to enable more engineers to implement and maintain APC systems.
- Simplify Tuning and Optimisation - Streamline controller tuning with a step-by-step configuration wizard to directly specify objectives.
- Monitor with Real-Time Diagnostics - Visualise, analyse, monitor and access real-time controller KPIs to gain key insights into controller performance.
The benefits of one integrated solution for optimising linear and non-linear processes:
- Adapt and Optimise Simultaneously - Improve ROI with rapid controller deployment, continuous model improvement and simplified workflows to enable more engineers.
- Simplify Tuning & Optimisation -Streamline controller tuning with a step-by-step configuration wizard to directly specify objectives.
- Improve Performance With Robust Control - Increase controller up-time by making controllers more resilient to model quality issues and process disturbances.
- Monitor With Real-Time Diagnostics Visualise, analyse, monitor and access real-time controller KPIs to gain key insights into controller performance.
The AspenTech® Solution: A Single, Flexible Platform that Delivers Sustained Value
AspenTech Advanced Process Control provides a unified environment for AspenTech’s three industry-leading control formulations within an architecture that provides the ultimate flexibility and usability. The choice of three control formulations provides superior control performance, execution efficiency and exceptional constraint handling to maximise asset utilisation regardless of the control challenges. Major benefits are realised through reduced variability, increased throughput and increased yields of more valuable products.
Many APC solutions suffer from degrading benefits. Process changes, equipment aging and changing economic conditions are but a few of the factors that drive the need to maintain controller models.
Case Study: Letšeng Diamond Mine
Using APC to Increase Output and Improve Operations at the Letšeng diamond mine
Learn how 4Sight’s Operational Technologies, Asset Optimisation division was able to design an APC application spanning the primary, secondary and tertiary crushing circuits, as well as the DMS feed. Multivariable Advanced Process Control (APC) solutions, such as Model Predictive Control (MPC) are designed to simultaneously coordinate multiple process units to achieve synergy throughout a processing plant, resulting in stable operation and a steady platform for optimisation.